Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need resources for solenoid studies, AC and transient

Status
Not open for further replies.

chromatik

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
solenoid theory

Hello all,

I'm trying to find ressources for solenoid studies (I mean long cylindrical inductances), AC and transient.
I remember my first physics lessons, but I can't remember what's happening when I insert a solenoid in another bigger one, "voltage, current, flux, parasitic effect" 'ly speaking.

Any help, any pdf or weblink will be very appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Solenoid theory

Thanks for your answer hakeen.
In fact, my question is more about "what's happening when you slide one solenoid in a bigger other one".
But the theory aspect of magnetism in solenoid still interesting.

Solenoid theory

It's not clear to me, if you want an exact calculation of the respective field and derived quantities (e.g. self and mutual inductances) or just a qualitative understanding of the behaviour?

Sliding one coil has only an effect, if the flux linkage is changed.

Solenoid theory

An exact calculation, that's my goal... but I wouldn't ask you to do my whole duty :)

Solenoid theory

An exact calculation can be done by integrating the respective field equations. You most likely find a discussion in a theoretical electrical engineering text book. Today, most engineers prefer a numerical solution. For the axially symmetrical case, more simple 2.5-D tools as QuickField can be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back