Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need resources about wafer probing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet1

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need books, papers, thesis or tutorial about on wafer probing.

Any ideas ?

On Wafer Probing

you may check cascademicrotech.com

Re: On Wafer Probing

I consider Cascade to be clearly the best in the world for on-wafer probing (I have no financial interest in Cascade).

If all you need is moderate accuracy, just calibrating to the probe tips using the Alumina standards that come with the probes should be plenty.

However, if you want high accuracy, you must create your own calibration standards and they must be on whatever type of substrate you will be measuring on. High accuracy will be needed, for example, if you need accurate measurement of loss. Small errors in the S-parameters can result in large error in measurement of loss.

It is possible (in fact, I think it is common) to make a bad set of on-wafer standards. If you are going to use on-wafer standards, be sure to read my paper, that I did with Rob Groves of IBM Fishskill:

A potentially significant on-wafer high-frequency measurement calibration error
Rautio, J.C.; Groves, R.; IEEE Microwave Magazine, Vol. 6, Issue 4, Dec. 2005 Page(s):94 - 100.

This is for measurements on silicon, but the same kind of errors can occur on any substrate. If high accuracy is important, pay special attention to the brief discussion of synthetic calibration, which is used to quantify the calibration error in your measurement.

Reactions: covcst

covcst

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back