Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Renesas R8C/27 programmer circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southerner

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have been trying to find a circuit to program a Renesas R8C/26 or 27 for a project. I see a few threads on here but none seem to have answered the question despite others asking for the same thing I am. I have posted to Renesas forum and while I have gotten a few replies, none answer the question, at least in a manner I can understand. I know that in the Renesas documentation they give a circuit they refer to as being on page 350 (although it is page 367 or so in the PDF) but it does not say how it ties in to the computer or the starter board. Responses have apparently assume that I am an engineer and work with them every day. I am just a hobbyist.

Also the software that Renesas sends with starter kits or development kits are 90 day demo and not usable beyond that. I can't afford to pay several hundred dollars for something I am going to use once.

I have several starter kits using the E8 interface. The R8C/27 I want to program uses a 32 pin smt package so it can't be placed on the starter board to program.

Can anyone provide an R8C programmer circuit that I can use? Also is there a utility I can use to program the R8C and does not break the bank? I am not using Linux so a Linux utility does not help.

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.