Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need PCMCIA Metaformat Specification, help anyone, pls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IgorMarx

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
metaformat specification

I want to connect my device, like a ROM programmer, to a Pocket PC. In order to realize my idea, I need to make a simple CF+ Card, with byte-wide architecture and with PIC controller in it, and write a Windows CE driver. I have found the 'CF+ and CompactFlash Specification Revision 2.0' on https://www.compactflash.org. But, in part of 'Card Information Structure' description there is only reference to PCMCIA PC Card Standard, 1995 on www.pcmcia.org. This organisation sales the full standard with price of $299, but this price makes the idea practically unachievable.

I've been tired by searching this information in the Internet. Can anyone help me? :(

Thank a lot for everyone who will halp me!

pc card standard meta format specification

PC Card Standard 8.0 **broken link removed**
And check the volume 4 - Metaformat Specification

FYR

pcmcia spec

Hi MY FRIEND ......IGORMARX

BEFORE YOU GO ANY FARTHER ....
DO NOT .. I REPIT DO NOT.... START WITH THE PCMCIA part

Start with the windowsCE driver part .. the reason is that the development kit for making windows ce drivers is around $3000. 5 months ago was on sale for only $1000... So unless you have already done windows CE DRIVER development and you have those tools .. You won't be able to finish what you want..

The other solution is to use a Linux PDA

I've been trough all this ...

Regards

PS : Don't even try to get the MICROSOFT'S PLATAFORM BUILDER from some place on the INTERNET..

It is 14 CD LONG ... yes FOURTHEEN CD'S

pcmcia metaformat

Unfortunatelly, I posted this mesage yet, that is strongly unwanted here on Elektroda, as I have known now, sorry to the moderators, and, next time, i'll send Private message... But what has been made, that has been made, even I'm a newbie.... I wanted to say thank you very much, yager, I've all the parts of the standard downloaded. Very grateful for you! Once more, sorry to moderators ...

cis metaformat

eltonjohn said:
Start with the windowsCE driver part .. the reason is that the development kit for making windows ce drivers is around $3000. 5 months ago was on sale for only $1000... So unless you have already done windows CE DRIVER development and you have those tools .. You won't be able to finish what you want..
It is 14 CD LONG ... yes FOURTHEEN CD'S

Khm... you are right... as you understand yet, my aim is not just to connect something to the PPC, but to find out, how that can be made... I hope for low-cost solution and ways. Right now I don't know, what way I'll go by.

pcmcia cis spec

Hi igormarx ..

Listen man you well know how microsoft operates . They have a control over their junk .. That's why i'm cautioning you ..
There is another way to create a driver . for Windows CE .. Jungo
also has a developement kit for drivers
try to get it .. i don't know if there is a patched version somewhere

those my friend are the only two options .!

there is no point in designing hardware if you can control it from your
windows CE plataform..

I don't want to pay $3K or even $1k to those thieves of MICROSOFT

i will rather get me a case of the best malta wiskey in the world !
But it looks that there aren't many options left ..
Besides linux PDA ..

Sorry ....

pcmcia metaformat specification

eltonjohn said:
There is another way to create a driver . for Windows CE .. Jungo

Thank's, of course, I have found this option yet, even before I started searchin of any standrds. Yes, that is the best way to begin!

pc card standard metaformat specification

hey, IgorMarx and eltonJhon, do you either has the PCMCIA developer Guider by m-systems company?

metaformat

Hi ,
Could you like share your CIS code with me, I would like to check it for you, or you already resoled the problem. Ok, it's fine .

vincent@suchtech.com.tw

IgorMarx said:
I want to connect my device, like a ROM programmer, to a Pocket PC. In order to realize my idea, I need to make a simple CF+ Card, with byte-wide architecture and with PIC controller in it, and write a Windows CE driver. I have found the 'CF+ and CompactFlash Specification Revision 2.0' on https://www.compactflash.org. But, in part of 'Card Information Structure' description there is only reference to PCMCIA PC Card Standard, 1995 on www.pcmcia.org. This organisation sales the full standard with price of $299, but this price makes the idea practically unachievable.

I've been tired by searching this information in the Internet. Can anyone help me? :(

Thank a lot for everyone who will halp me!

pc card standard volume 4 metaformat spec

I want to expand a pcmcia interface on the S3C4510, so has anyone do that yet? could you share the hardware schematic ? thanks

need pcmcia interface

hi,IgorMarx

Have you finished your design?
Here comes the same problem to me, as you were. I have been searching for the 'PCMCIA Metaformat Specification' in the internet, but with no result.
It maybe abrupt. But could you share me a copy of it?
Thanks you!:D

pc card metaformat specification

yager said:
PC Card Standard 8.0 h**p://www.elektroda.pl/eboard/viewtopic.php?t=50888
And check the volume 4 - Metaformat Specification

FYR

The link for the specification doesn't work any more. Can you point me to somewhere else?

Thanks

spec pcmcia m-system

Yes, the link is failed.

Can anyone provide the documents?

I'm very urgent for use.

Thanks,
Prisnow

pcmcia metaformat specification

Why dont u look sun opensolaris pages

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

and also linux pcmcia utils project