Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need PCB simulation software for my laser ranging circuit(frequency<1GHz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gloria2018

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
I am doing simulation for my laser ranging circuit. My laser frequency is 1KHz, and its pulse wideth is 40ns. The high voltage circuit for the APD is also designed by myself. I want to do circuit simulation for my receive circuit and highvoltage circuit because I meet up with some crosstalk(I am not sure if it is crosstalk) when I was doing experiment.

I am using Hyperlynx for the PCB simulation. But the Meter's man says it is not suitable for my circuit because it is suitable for digital signals circuit and the frequency is larger than 1GHz.

I am now paying attention to the rising edge of the laser which is oversaturated and its rising time is less than 5ns.

Can you give me a simulation software that is suitable for my circuit? And can you tell me if it need to do pcb simulation for my circuit?

I am looking forward to your reply! Thank you very much!!!

I'm not an expert on Hyperlynx, but I'm pretty sure there's no 1GHz minimum frequency requirement. It's EDGES that are of primary concern, not frequency. Although you are dealing with analog signals, if you believe your problem is due to the fast rise time, then Hyperlynx will still give you a good idea of how the layout is affecting your signal; an edge is an edge, regardless of whether it's "digital" or "analog". Ultimately we're actually concerned with the analog behavior of digital signals anyway..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back