Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need PA design models for ADS and SpectreRF

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtl

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi! I am a student and a newbie both in this forum and RF design.
I got an assignment to compare the performance of ADS (Agilent) and SpectreRF(Cadence).

To conduct the performance test, I need to design power amplifier. There is no specific parameters for this PA, but its preferably a design which has model in both simulators. Moreover, it preferably to be a gain-controlled PA.

Is there any reference for PA designs and models for this purpose? Any info will be appreciated.

FYI, I have already have RF Power Amplifiers For Wireless Communications book by Cripps.

Re: PA design [hlp]

Well first of all you do need models for both programs as you stated.

Is it supposed to be a nonlinear models, i.e. large signal models?

Try to search for application notes from Freescale, they have somethings on PA design.

Re: PA design [hlp]

Thanks for the reply Jonnasi.
I decided to make a design based on the application note given by NXP (previously Phillips Semiconductor).
It uses BFG21W to design a 800 MHz PA which will operate for 4 modes: CW, 1 tones, TDMA, and CDMA.

PA design [hlp]

yeah , begin with the circuit in the application note , and try to simulate the performance of the driver amplifier ,
after u learn how to do the simulations ,

begin with some new circuit "develop it by ur self

khouly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back