Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Need Long Bergstik, from where i can buy this???

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpress_embedo

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In my design i have to place one PCB on another PCB, for this i used 2.54mm pitch single way bergestik header of 20 pins, but the problem is that the bergestik locally available is very small in height, i want header of long height of approximately more than 3.5cm in height.

I am using this type of header, but wants header of height greater than this.
https://in.element14.com/fci/67996-472hlf/board-board-conn-header-72way-2row/dp/1276800

You mean like

pin.JPG

but the ones I found were up to 21mm (in ebay)

- - - Updated - - -

Found some longer ones, like 31mm

1_27mm_Vertical_Straight_PIN_Header_Connector_Dual_Row.jpg

Check ebay if it suits you

Yes I want similar ones, 3cm is sufficient i think, more will be an added advantage for me.

I am from India and not able to search the long headers, smaller ones are readily available.

Can you post your links, so that i can have a look at it.

My Company can buy components from elemnent14(farnell), rs, samtec, digikey , if someone knows about the availability of these bergestik with the mentioned vendors please provide me the link.

I found a seller **broken link removed** but they seem expensive, there are probably cheaper ones

Thanks for you reply, i need connectors of some more height than this.
I am searching these, hope i will find such soon.

How much more, the one I linked says

Pin length:- shortest - 3mm to 1st insulator, middle - 19mm to 2nd insulator, top - 9mm above 2nd insulator

3+19+9=32mm total

They are sufficient but the problem is that, i can't buy from the ebay easily and apart from that i need single way male female both not the double way only.

Ok, I though "i need connectors of some more height than this." was referring to the ones I linked

I wasn't able to find them in farnell or digikey

I searched for 2.54 dual row dual insulator pins

I too had searched but not able to find, i also have element14 Component Catalog, and searched in it the connector section, but not able to find this.

Samtec has these connectors, i am going to contact one of these guys very soon

Finally i buy from rhydoLABZ 2cm height bergestik.

Status
Not open for further replies.