Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need list and details of PCB materials

Status
Not open for further replies.

anand_pal

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
NEED PCB MATERIALS INFO.

DEAR ALL,

I NEED THE LIST AND DETAILS OF PCB MATERIALS ,

LIKE WHAT IS FR1 TO FR4 GRADE..?

CAN ANY ONE PLEASE GIVE ME DETAILS REGARDS THIS.

APPRECIATED IN ADVANCE.

REGARDS,
ANAND PAL

Re: NEED PCB MATERIALS INFO.

They have infos, but you have to search on the side. I can't remember. **broken link removed**

i have found the dielectric constant for the materials as follows
dielectric constants
Material Er
Air 1.0
PTFE/glass 2.2
Rogers RO 2800 2.9
CE/goreply 3.0
BT/goreply 3.3
GETEK 3.5
CE/glass 3.7
Silicon dioxide 3.9
BT/glass 4.0
Polymide/glass 4.1
FR-4/glass 4.1
Glass cloth 6.0
Alumina 9.0

may this will help you

The 'FR' stands for flame retardant - nothing more. There are various materials that satisfy the requirement for the FR designation; however, in general, the classes of printed circuit materials are as follows:

FR4 - is a glass fiber epoxy laminate. It is the most commonly used PCB material. The maximum working ambient temperature (defined by the transition temperature from solid to plastic state -Tg) is between 120° and 130°C, depending on thickness.

FR5 - Same as FR4, but the maximum working ambient temperatures are between 140° and 170°C.

FR3 - is basically Fr2, but instead of phenolic resin it uses an epoxy resin binder. The basic layer is paper. It is not suitable for Plated Through Hole.

FR2 - is a paper materials with a phenolic binder. It is UL 94-V0.

FR1 - is basically the same as FR2. FR1 has a higher TG of 130°C instead of 105°C for FR2. Some laminate manufacturers which produce FR1 will not produce FR2, since cost and usage are similar and there is no advantage for having both.

CEM-3 (CEM = Composite Epoxy Material) is very similar to FR4. Instead of woven glass fabric a "flies" type is used. CEM-3 has a milky white color and is very smooth. It is a complete replacement for FR4 and has a very large market share in Japan.

CEM-1 is a paper based laminate with one layer of woven glass fabric. It is not suitable for Plated Through Hole.

G10 is out of fashion now for standard PCB's. it is woven glass fabric with a different epoxy from FR4. It is only UL 94-HB. The main usage nowadays is for thin watch circuit, since it's very punchable.

that is a really good information but is it correct full form of CEM AND FR bcoz our manufacturer prompted differently....!

if i want a deep info.. which international book is prefereable...?

thankx

regards,
anand

you can view the attached file

NEED PCB MATERIALS INFO.

can any tell abt Rogers?

Added after 1 minutes:

also MCM- D, L

FR4 - Flame retardant four fiber glass

Status