Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need layout guidelines for MMA955XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishu489

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,

Actually I'm working on MMA9553l and I need some routing guidelines for the same.

In datasheet they have said that keep the analog and digital ground and power plane separate and connect them near to power supply. Is it really necessary to do that?
Is it safe to keep analog and digital power in same plane? will it create any accuracy problem?

If someone has done this before could you please share your work?

Thanks,
vishal

The easiest way to do this job, you may keep Analogue and digital ground separate and use 0R resistance to connect both plane some where near power supply. It would be helpful for you during debugging.

Hey ashad,

thanks for your reply!

What about power plane ? is it necessary to separate them also since i'm using single 1.8v supply for both.

What about power plane ? is it necessary to separate them also since i'm using single 1.8v supply for both.

I will recommend you to design two separate planes as per instructions written in datasheet. I used MPU6000 recently and having same issue. I designed two seperate plane for both analogue and digital gnds and connect both planes with 0R at one point.

Status
Not open for further replies.