Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need isp programmer . plz help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
just select the auto detect detect automatically your device
**broken link removed**

then based on your hardware connection you can edit this one
**broken link removed**

nothing special on the programme just select proper configuration based on your device

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

how to check that my parallel port is working or not ?

some of the BIOS need to enable your LPT port or in device manager..

to test it's functionality.. you can try it using any parallel port checker software.. I forgot it's name. but there is a software for that..

Google it !!! try parallel port tester!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If atmel is giving you problem then i suggest you to try p89v51rd2 it is very easy to program!!!

:)

to test it's functionality.. you can try it using any parallel port checker software.. I forgot it's name. but there is a software for that:twisted::p..

is it ParallelPortViewer?? :p

Attachments

• ParallelPortViewer.zip
    193.2 KB · Views: 76

just select the auto detect detect automatically your device
**broken link removed**

then based on your hardware connection you can edit this one
**broken link removed**

nothing special on the programme just select proper configuration based on your device

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

some of the BIOS need to enable your LPT port or in device manager..

to test it's functionality.. you can try it using any parallel port checker software.. I forgot it's name. but there is a software for that..
plz check that i select right option according to your ckt.

but i am getting this error
.see status

reset is #14 not 2.. download the datasheet of octal buffer so that you will have a grip what's inside that buffer..

---------- Post added at 03:59 ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 ----------

is it ParallelPortViewer?? :p

yes I think that is.. :) thanks

Reactions: tushki7

tushki7

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i m using this isp programmer.

electroons.com - electronics and microcontroller's Info

everything is going to be proper till verify. but my coding which i burn in microcontroller isn't working. i was thinking that i have hardware problem or coding problem. but today when i burn this coding from shop.so after that my coding and hardware is perfect.
why this isp programmer not working even its showing till verify.

kindly sir response. i need your help.
thanks

Romels recent programmer circuit can be found here. All the details are given. I tested the same and used it more than 50 times, it is easy to use. Software is also available at the following link.

**broken link removed**

the software is not burn my coding in microcontroller. even software is writing my coding as well verify. why ?

Actually what happened with me is : I Made a prolog Programmer ckt for atmel micro's(for 20 pin and other parallel progrmmed), used Keil to compile c code and to make its hex file.. Burned that hex into microcontroller. . what happened was file got burned and was verified successfully.. But it didnt worked i tried it again, changed my coding, changed micrcontroller but the result was same.. so i made another programmer, and burned hex file into it, but the Program didnt worked. . i made other prolog's programmer But the result was same :-?.. and i tried all possible software programmers but they showed Burning and verification successful window.. But micro is not running the code :?:..
Then one day i downloaded cracked Keil Uvision2 Full (Dont tell anyone :twisted: ) From torrentz, Compiled my program and burned the hex file Into microcontroller.. Lol it worked :shock:. . den i tried burning that same hex Through previous programmers i made, they worked too and in micro program ran perfectly.. :-D

Hope u got my point
:)

The ISP programmer link in my earlier post works well as has been written by others too. It is easy to make, economic and easy to use. The only fact is it works on parallel printer port. 8051 IDE compiler is also well tested and reliable. This combination will remove your hurdles.

yes sir.i m also using this programmer but software is not burning my code even verify is occur. but i used other software which suggest by romel. which u can see in top of page.so its burning my code.and my ckt is working fine. my problem is that why its own software is not working which is in
**broken link removed**

You mean the Aseem Khan circuit is working with Romel's (suggested) software ? If so it is strange, I never came across such a problem, I would like to know more details of the IC part number you are using. I wish to understand the problem for my curiosity to understand the issue as I am using ISP programmer since long and have interest.
A Raoof Khan

By IC I mean the microcontroller that gave the problem discussed above. The exact part number of the microcontroller was of interest to understand what could be the reason. The circuit shown does not have any such clear information.

i have made the same circuit as yasir made similar without use any buffer IC and my cable lenght is about 2.5 feet long my prgrammer working fine since 2 years ...actually problem belong your worng software configration bro

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

Try this :-

100% working !!!

Is this programer really works according to the schematic you have given???plz check and have you also tested this programmer with usb to serial convert??

regards

Last edited:

i have made the same circuit as yasir made similar without use any buffer IC and my cable lenght is about 2.5 feet long my prgrammer working fine since 2 years ...actually problem belong your worng software configration bro

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

Is this programer really works according to the schematic you have given???plz check and have you also tested this programmer with usb to serial convert??

regards

Yes dear, this circuit is working fine and i am using it since long ago!!! u can first burn your code into p89v51rd2 which is simple to program, then use this programmed microcontroller to program target microcontroller which may b at89s52.. Tested and working fine with at89s52..

And yes i am using it with usb to serial cable only!!!

All the best ;)

Last edited:

1)Can i use 89s51 to burn code instead of p89v51rd2??by using parallel port?

2) and secondly can i m able to use this burner for both 89s51 and 89s52??

3)and is there any requirement of pull up resisters??(from P1.4 to P1.7)

Can i use 89s51 to burn code instead of p89v51rd2??by using parallel port and secondly can i m able to use this burner for both 89s51 and 89s52??

1.) Yes you can use 89s51 to get firmware hex file burned into it and then use this 89s51 to program other microcontrollers
2.) and yes you can Burn both of them 89s51 and 89s52 with this programmer..

:wink:

Really fast reply bro :)

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

and what about pull up resisters?

Really fast reply bro :)

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

and what about pull up resisters?

Ahaha :lol: :twisted:
Yea you can use them.. better to use it !!

Status
Not open for further replies.