Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Information regarding PROCESSOR FAMILY

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpeshchokshi

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends,

i need information regarding PROCESSOR FAMILY AND ITS CLASSIFICATION

as per example intel one of the processor manufacturer... its roadmap is like

8080.8085,8086, pentimum series....

likewise i would like to know the major player of market in processor industry also their different famlies of processor.

Also i would like to know the architecture difference like RISC,CISC etc.

Please send me a link or information regarding above.

Thanks,

In RISC engines:
There will be less burden in h/w with less instructions and more burden on compiler. The best example is ARM based pipelined architectures.

In CISC cores:
There will be more buden in h/w with huge and complex instruction set like floating pint arthemetic, MUL, DIV comands and less burden on comipler. Best ex is your intel cores and network processors.

regds..,
abid

There is another family of micro processors Called MIPS. its a risc architecture. u should find all about it in www.mips.com
and there is also Tensilica u should look at it also..there are what i know ..if any know more it would be grateful to mention them.
my question is how can i learn to develop in these items (if i don't work with them) are they avilable as kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back