Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need information on flat-head thermistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

T3STY

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to use a few thermistors for some temperature readings. The places where I need the temperature readings are very tight so the first thing I could think of is those flat-head thermistors that manufacturers usually include with fan speed controllers, or other digital thermometers. Like these:

lltemp500.jpg
MF5E_Film_Series_NTC_Thermistor.jpg

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find those to buy, or I could find them but not for anything below 10$ each. Either I am using the wrong search therm or I am missing something.
Can someone tell me if "thermistor" is the proper name, and/or if there is any special name or search term that I should search for? Also, if you happen to know any vendors or producers, please leave a link or mention as well.

Thank you very much in advance!

Thank you for the link, contains a lot of information on thermistors. However, it still doesn't solve my issue. I would like to use the flat-head thermistors like the ones in the images above, but I seem unable to find them to buy for cheap; I could only find them for 10$+ each which is totally out of range for a 50$ project (I need four of those).

Status
Not open for further replies.