Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need information about mobile telephone antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

wf6797

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mobile telephone antenna

please tell me the information about the antenna in mobile telephone,
who could send me the copy of PIFA antenna ,thanks!!

Re: mobile telephone antenna

You can find a lot of PIFA antenna information in google~~
just chek "pifa""antenna"

mobile telephone antenna

Pls tell me what's the PIFA?

HI
PiFA antenna is Planar Inverted F Antenna (PiFA) is a category of internal antennas. The PIFA typically consists of a rectangular planar element located above a ground plane, a short circuiting plate or pin, and feeding mechanism for the planar element.
PIFA can be considered as a kind of linear inverted F antenna (IFA) with the wire radiator element replaced by a plate to expand the bandwidth

hope this helps
taring

mobile telephone antenna

There is a very nice presentation about PIFA Antenna in

**broken link removed**

Hi ,

it's PIFA an p@tch antenna???

Regards

Here is a thesis about PIFA (Planar Inverted F Antenna) used in mobile phones
**broken link removed**

Hi ,
I am interested by PIFA of structure p@tch. This kind of antenna consists of two separate top patches, patch 1 and patch 2. the two patches are printed on the same substrate.
vfone, I saw in one of your posts, you already archved an antennas PIPA. Is what you can help us by documentations and thesis . tell me, which are the difficulties found at the time of the realization?
Regards

max232,
The problems that you can get designing a PIFA for mobile depend by your system requirements: dimensions, directivity, bandwidth, gain, etc.
Must be finding the compromise among antenna dimensions and radiation characteristics.
Modifying the antenna geometry lead to smaller size. Inserting slots force the surface currents to meander, thus artificially increasing the antenna’s electrical length without modifying its dimensions. Note that small antennas are affected by their immediate surroundings.
The size reduction will depend also on permittivity of the dielectric.
Antenna smaller than half-wavelength will have strong reactive input impedance, which has to be compensated for by loading.
Loading of the antenna will affect efficiency and bandwidth.

Hi everybody ,

which is the method to find the values (W, F, H)
H : ( the distance betwen the Top side of tje dielectic and ground plane,
F : the distance betwen the schorting pin and feed pin,
W: the width oh short-circuit .

I saw in thesis, a numerical method (Space Network Method), which is the advantage of this method compared to MOM.

I as saw in some articles as they uses software IE3D, why they do not use MWS???

Regards

i think this will help

Status
Not open for further replies.