Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need information about metal insulator metal devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_pourfathi

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
MIM devices

Does anyone know anything about Metal insulator Metal devices? Please send me links or data. You can also contact me via email: mehrdad@pourfathi.com

Regards,

Re: MIM devices

What do you want to know?
MIM capacitors are formed by using one extra metal layer on a standard CMOS backend.This involves the deposition and patterning of the insulator dielectric on top of the bottom metal layer ( typically the last metal layer -1 ). An additional metal layer is deposited and patterned to form the top plate of the capacitor (only) and then the last layer of metal is formed as standard but connects by vias to both bottom and top metal layers of the MIM capacitor.
Because of the degree of control the fab has over these layers, the MIM capacitor can be very robust and reliable. Typical capacitance values are around 1-2 fF/um2 capacitance with Vbd >35V.
Some Foundry's offer a dual stack capacitor (2 extra metal layers) to provide 2x the capacitance per unit area and also improved linearity.

Re: MIM devices

I need a tutorial on how exactly they work from energy band point of view and particle movements points of view. I have to write a simple paper about it. and its due tomorrow. :( I was really busy with my other class projects I couldn't do this one before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back