Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need info on lcd-tft display interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganeshbhatis

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tft display interface

Hi,
I am planning to use LCD-TFT display in my project and if possible touch screen also. But am very new to it and have some basic questions with it, before starting.
Can somebody answer below queries?:

1. Does all LCD-TFT panels come with LCD drivers? or it is separate?
2. In case I have to purchase a different LCD driver, how can I decide which LCD driver suits which LCD-TFT display?
3. Can I directly assume that, if an LCD-TFT panel and LCD driver pins are matching, then I can use them without any problem of synchronization.
4. Any links (or tutorials) which can explain how do I interface a TFT-LCD by micro controller or microprocessor?
5. Any emulator software which mimic the output of TFT-LCD in my PC? (which can really help to check the code once before buying the LCD.)
6. how do I interface a touch screen to take inputs from user to my micro controller or microprocessor?

If any good links which can above things, then links are sufficient so that I can go through them.

tft interface

Hi ganeshbhatis,

some suggestions.

Mention diagonal size and resolution of the LCD.

ep20k

lcd tft interface

Hello!

1. No, not all TFTs have a driver. It really depends on the TFT maker, type,
etc... But usually, it's difficult to find large LCDs with driver included.
The largest I know with driver inside are about 320 x 240.

2. If you buy a LCD without driver, it's of course up to you to find the
best driver that fits you needs (and those of the LCD).

3. I wouldn't bet on that. You have to read the specs and figure out whether it fits.

4. Just in case, I buy LCDs here . They give you C source code that you can
easily adapt to the MCU your are using. I asked them recently for smaller
TFTs with touch panel, and apparently there will be new models soon. But
I have no info on how soon.

5. I don't understand what you want to emulate or simulate. As long as the
LCD has the proper resolution (that fits your needs), then you're pretty
sure about the result.

6. It depends on what kind of touch panel. If it's a resistive touch panel,
then there is a link that explains how it works.

Have fun!

Dora.

ganeshbhatis said:
Hi,
I am planning to use LCD-TFT display in my project and if possible touch screen also. But am very new to it and have some basic questions with it, before starting.
Can somebody answer below queries?:

1. Does all LCD-TFT panels come with LCD drivers? or it is separate?
2. In case I have to purchase a different LCD driver, how can I decide which LCD driver suits which LCD-TFT display?
3. Can I directly assume that, if an LCD-TFT panel and LCD driver pins are matching, then I can use them without any problem of synchronization.
4. Any links (or tutorials) which can explain how do I interface a TFT-LCD by micro controller or microprocessor?
5. Any emulator software which mimic the output of TFT-LCD in my PC? (which can really help to check the code once before buying the LCD.)
6. how do I interface a touch screen to take inputs from user to my micro controller or microprocessor?

If any good links which can above things, then links are sufficient so that I can go through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back