Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need:inexpensive developement board supported by Win CE 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

trend

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I am a college student, and while my school doesn't have an electrical engineering department, I am very interested in this subject.

Lately I have been doing bs2 work.. and now want to move over to an ARM or other arch that is supported by win ce 5.0 (so I can use the .net framework).

I basically need this chip to run a 800x640 monitor with video (640x320 x30fpsx16bitcolor), audio,connection to the internet via phone or cell phone or lan, control devices over i2c (TWI), support for push buttons, and some misc other simple things...

What would you'll recommend for an inexpensive chip that can do this fairly easy, is easy to use, is inexpensive, and has an inexpensive dev board?

thanks! Lee

Re: Need:inexpensive developement board supported by Win CE

There are several plataforms for windows ce.. the cheapest one is an old PC ..
Now the WINDOWS ce development platafom is pricy .. around $2000~ $3000
so if you have windows ce plat. then use a cheap PC to start !.

well.. the thing is, I want to be able to add circuits and breadboard my ideas.... I am more interested in the hardware side of win ce than the software (that only sorta made since.. but you get the idea).

Is that 2k-3k a one time fee (or do you have to also pay per device you install win ce on?)

thanks-Lee

No .No that's just the price of the devellopment tools .Compilers and DRIVER DSK
Then you need to buy WINDOWS CE the OS and yes ..YOU SHOULD know MICROSOFT by NOW ..THEY WILL MAKE YOU PAY for every LICENSE ..and support
ETC ... is better to use LINUX for PDAs

Hmm.. dangit..

Well lets say I already have a copy of win ce.

Where could I get an inexpensive developement board (under 100bucks would be awesome!) so I can develop for arm uC for win ce?

I wouldn't need the dev board to do complicated stuff like telephone/lcd.. just something to get me going..

thanks for the help guys!

Happy Holidays
Lee

Well BECAUSE a good resolution LCD Screen is required .$100 dolars seems very hard ..From time to time there is a good oportunity in Ebay .. just check ebay !
Once again windows CE is not enough you need the devtools to port it .as i said they go for $2000 ~$3000

So

windows dev tools (this is drivers and compilers and the like)+ liscense for windows ce per system + old computer = everything I would need?

:)

thanks! Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back