Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need immediates answera..plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjfaisal

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
1) i want toknow about filter taps, filter cofficients .

2) Samples of the data.

why we need them, please answer them clearly, because ican't get understanable answer from any site, so it is requested to answer ,could be detailed.

best regards

vjfaisal,
FIR (Finite Impulse Response) filters are cosntructed using weighted sums of current and past samples of input data.
IIR (Infinite Impulse Response) filters are cosntructed using weighted sums of current and past samples of data plus weighted sums of previous samples of output data.
The filter "taps" represent the delays between samples. For example the 1st tap would represent the current sample of data, the 2nd "tap" would represent the sample of data one sampling interval ago, the 3rd "tap" would represent the sample of data from 2 sampling intervals ago, etc.
For more information, download the free book by Steven W Smith "The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing". to get it, go to:
h**p://www.dspguide.com/
Also Search for "Digital Signal Processing". You'll get lots of hits.
Regards,
Kral

Filter taps represent the length of the filter, i.e the coeffs of filter. Samples means, the digittal samples of a timedomain signal, since you are in digital domain.

hi
please help in this practical situation of filter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have the project of brain computer interface,, as the human brain frequency (EEG), is from 0.1 to 100 hz , and i am going to work on the 12 to 18 hz frequency. im using buildin bandpass filter. and i want to plot in matlab the following...

1) filter coffients remember the frequency range of 12 to 18 hz)
2) frequency response of filter (remember the frequency range of 12 to 18 hz)

please tell me i detail and stepwise how i do the following

1) How i filter and also the above1) and 2)

pleaes help me, is very urgent ,hoping fort he help ...

best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.