Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need ideas on OFDM Area MSc. project

Status
Not open for further replies.

mro83

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
channel shortning

Hi to all
I am searching in the OFDM system area to choose a good subject as my Msc. Project. Please introduce me some good concepts.
regards

Re: OFDM Area subject

hi
see this link
**broken link removed**

best regards

for new people , about OFDM
read tutorial on
www.complextoreal.com
but remember that don't concentrate on the difference of ifft and fft concept on that page..it will confuse u , and the idea given there is not 100% right..

if you want to accept in phd
u must work in mimo in ofdm

asghari2 said:
if you want to accept in phd
u must work in mimo in ofdm

This is the current trend in digital comm. recherche?
Can you recommend me some good sites for begineer Telecom engineer in wireless.
I have a good background in electronics and embedded system. Now I want to change into wireless world.

Thank you in advance!

see this power point in this post

OFDM Area subject

the latest research in OFDM area is in MIMO OFDM systems. Developing synchronization algorithms suited for MIMO-OFDM systems is a good subject.

As a beginner , you can work on DVB-T systems
(where OFDM is used as the modulation technique).

1. channel estimation of mimo ofdm systems.
2. broadband mimo ofdm systems.
3. peak to poewr average reduction.
4. Time & frequency synchronization.
5. I/Q imbalence reduction.

hi
Even you can go for wireless networks i.e Cross Layer Design by using MIMO OFDM wireless networks at the Physical layer.This CLD is going to include in the 4G Technology .But i thought its very good topic to do research

OFDM Area subject

do you want to do in algorithm or in hardware implementation which will lead you to little bit differenct way.

OFDM Area subject

the combination of OFDM with different other technologies is an advance topic, u can combine OFDM with CDMA, as COFDM, which is Coded-OFDM.
It now has both advantages of OFDM and "coded" OFDM.

OFDM Area subject

ofdm is my post graduate project ,it is basically used to combat

Added after 3 minutes:

ofdm is my post graduate project ,it is basically used to combat ISI and to enhance the bandwidth .secondly it can combat easily with fading problem in mobile communication.

here i m adding some interested research topics.
1. adaptive channel estimation
2. peak to average power ratio
3. synchronization problem
4.adaptive channel shortning

Added after 3 minutes:

also ieee has mentioned some open problem regarding mulicareer system which is adaptive channel shortning . No such algorithm has been clearly created which can fulfill d above requirement efficient.ly

Added after 8 minutes:

do u want to implement adaptive channel shortning algorithm for multicarrier system related to ofdm .

Added after 5 minutes:

ofdm is orthogonal frequncy division mul . which is implemnetd , multicarrier system with mimo .

ofdm is rich in research subject y can also make implementation for ifft and fft in tx/rx on fbja

hey Deepak,

Could you please guide me on adaptive channel shortening..?? i am curious to know about it..

Ranjitha

Status
Not open for further replies.