Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need ideas for EDA university project

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewizguy

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need help !!

hi i m a sem 5 student from mumbai university..i m looking for a microproccesor or pc based mini project..code may either be in C or assembly language,is it possible to make automatic fan light controller using 8051/8086??if yes,can anybody plz help me with the details..??

Re: Need help !!

first of all: A subject line like "Its hot" , "green!", "why?" or ""need help" is not pretty helpfull. If you really are interested that someone wants to look in your request, be more specific and use a more detailled topic!

Second: you have to decide WHAT you want to perform. An "old" PC (based on 8086 or later processor type) is "always and everywhere" available. It has some connection lines (like parallel port, serial prot) which may be used for elementary I/O operations. If you tend to make a "feasability study" of some "automatic fan light controller" then it might be a good choice, as you have tons of tools, compilers etc. available. You dont need to care (much) about hardware specifi cthings to get things up and running

If you want to set up a more microprocessor/microcontroller related thing, then a PIC or AVR based solution are the most common used types of chip. You need the chips (they are not expensive, but at least you have access to them. Here in Germany I went to my electric dealer 2 km away from me, or order things via mail from hundreds of mail order houses.... dont know where Mumbai lies (i have heard somewhere in India) and whats about the access to the necessary chips. Beneath the acces to some chips, you nead a breadboard or set up your own PCB for the components, you need some specific tools (for debugging/tracing )

And there is a way "between" this: You use some pic or avr emulator, which wil run in Windows environment. you set up the whole stuf, and if you need to transform the whole thing into real hardware, you simply have to transfer the compiler code etc. to the real chip.

Tell us more about the ideea behind your project:
- Whats the time frame?
- what costs do you expect or assume ?
- what functionality do you want to achieve?
- Which tools (languages, compilers, hardware) do you know or do you plan to use?

If you are able to answer the first 3 major questions (Time, Cost, Content) then you are on your first step towards a successfull project and a sucessfull project manager.

good luck !

Need help !!

Salam ewizguy,

Welcome India !

Here is a link with a lot of mcu projects.

**broken link removed**

Bye

hi..its my first post.so had many problems expressing myself.i need ANY almost ANY project which is 8085,8086 or 8051 or pc based.softwares are C/C++ and/or aseembly language.budget maybe upto 1000/- 1200/- can u provide me with some info as early as possible..i have to complete the project within a span of 3 months by october..with 3 other colleagues..

my first post.so had many problems expressing myself.i

Thats the strongest problem for an upcomming engieer: to express yourself in a structured manner and to bring things to the point.

my advice: edit the subject to "EDA project ideas requested"

budget maybe upto 1000/- 1200/-

no idea what the worth of an indian rupia is ...

almost ANY project which is 8085,8086 or 8051 or pc based.softwares are C/C++ and/or aseembly language

wide area

within a span of 3 months by october..with 3 other colleagues..

3 month, 100 hours per month (minimum) by 3 people, makes 900 hours... (minimum) to 1800 hours (maximum). Thats not too less that it might be an "easy" project like development of a new mouse driver .. but it might also not bee too complicated that you have no chance to get it ready....

ever thought about robotics themes? look at this for nice example:
https://www.xs4all.nl/~sbolt/e-spider.html

Status
Not open for further replies.