Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Horn Antenna Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayerokk

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm working on a Ground Penetration Radar project and I urgently need an hfss file for a TEM horn antenna operating over 1-6 GHz. Can anybody please provide me with such a design, feed mechanism included? I need to start working on the Signal Processing part promptly. I'll be grateful.

Hi,
I'm working on a Ground Penetration Radar project and I urgently need an hfss file for a TEM horn antenna operating over 1-6 GHz. Can anybody please provide me with such a design, feed mechanism included? I need to start working on the Signal Processing part promptly. I'll be grateful.

If you download the Ansof Antenna Design Kit, which is a free download, it can design horn antennas for you. But whilst I'm no expert on this, I would have thought they were not suitable for the 6:1 frequency range, as the size needed for 1 GHz would allow various modes to propogate at 6 GHz. Waveguide always has a limit on the frequency ranges it can cover - hence the numerous different sizes of waveguide.

Something like a log-periodic antenna might be a better bet.

Deborah.

Hi Ayeokk

I have a simulation of horn antenna from the balanis text book.which should give you a good idea of the horn antenna design.would you be interested.

Regards
Sajid Mohammed.

I just did a search on "TEM horn" and guess what .... numerous references were found.

As I recall you may be able to find hardware offered here: **broken link removed** ETS Lungren and A. H. Systems have broadband horns also.

yes i'd very much be interested, sajid. thanks!
Hi Ayeokk

I have a simulation of horn antenna from the balanis text book.which should give you a good idea of the horn antenna design.would you be interested.

Regards
Sajid Mohammed.

---------- Post added at 07:42 ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 ----------

i have seen designs of it made in ADK, but it doesn't seem to have any feeding mechanisms to it. i need to connect my antenna to a 50Ω sma connector ... any tips on how to design that? i am required to urgently send the design for fabrication, and am very grateful for your input, guys.

firstly to model your feeding mechanism

you will have to get the transmission line to waveguide mechanism down and then its basically cake walk after that. i had a design of feeding mechanism, where the excitation is through a monopole.but unfortunately lost the file but if u would like i will be more than happy to assist you in that regard.

Regards
Sajid Mohammed.

yes please, sajid. i'd very much appreciate your help. i need to start working on the signal processing block soon, so i will need as much help as i can get with the design.

where do you want to begin with in the first place.

whats your antenna specifications?

Regards
Chachito

Hello Friends
Please help me
Msttyly(Square) horn antenna with a gain of 25 and a frequency of 13 GHz and a bandwidth specification 14-12 and a = 1.9.05 and b = 9.525mm

roz_robot@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back