Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help with ultrasonic sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

yes_secreto

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to use ultrasonic sensors for my detection device please advice if I could use this for my project...

my project is to detect red light violators...by inserting a device underneath their vehicle (for example an ultrasonic receiver) then a transmitter either on the ground near the pedestrian...the receiver should detect the ultrasonic while it is travelling at a fast speed, let's say 60kph...

would this sensor be appropriate for this project or would i need a different sensor??

I would like to use ultrasonic sensors for my detection device please advice if I could use this for my project...
my project is to detect red light violators...by inserting a device underneath their vehicle (for example an ultrasonic receiver) then a transmitter either on the ground near the pedestrian...the receiver should detect the ultrasonic while it is travelling at a fast speed, let's say 60kph...
would this sensor be appropriate for this project or would i need a different sensor??

What is distance 0,3m to ... ?

Can You explain better red light violation detection principe ?

I dont see link between red light violation and speed of vehicle. Why is speed immportant ?

Does vehicle need some kind of identification ?

Last edited:
When vehicle tend to beat red light...then tend to move fast at a speed of about 60kph or more....that is the reason why my sensor needs to be sensitive enough to detect these violators.....

my design would be a device that will send a sms to the traffic management council when it beats a red light...this device would be attach underneath a vehicle with a receiver attach to it....then the transmitter at the ground specifically at the pedestrian lane....

Your solution doesn't seems to be practical.
Why not install a metal detector on the ground?
The typical sensor use to detect vehicle is call a loop sensor.
It used magnetic field to detect the vehicle.

When vehicle tend to beat red light...then tend to move fast at a speed of about 60kph or more....that is the reason why my sensor needs to be sensitive enough to detect these violators.....

my design would be a device that will send a sms to the traffic management council when it beats a red light...this device would be attach underneath a vehicle with a receiver attach to it....then the transmitter at the ground specifically at the pedestrian lane....

Status
Not open for further replies.