Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with the building of a Synchronous Inverter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kianee

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I need some help with a project that I am doing. I am asked to make an inverter that can synchronise itself with a local power supply. My project supervisor is not very supportive and the only information I was given is as follows:

1. Look at a method of creating AC from DC.
2. This may involve a microcontroller.
3. Method must be able to synchronise your produced AC to local AC supply.
4. Look at power electronic devices to switch DC etc.

Some other information that I have from a couple of meetings with him is that,

1. I do not have to synchronise the output of my inverter to the actual 230V 50Hz supply. What I think is that he may ask me to synchronise it with an AC signal produced by a power source in the laboratory.

2. The output AC voltage must be less than 40V because working with very high voltages is not allowed due to safety concerns.

3. He has not mentioned any thing about the input DC voltage so I assume that any suitable voltage can be used.

I have been reading a lot of articles and threads about inverters but I have not found any thing that is specific to a synchronous inverter. I have gone through a lot of schematic diagrams for simple inverters that were very complex and difficult to understand. I also want to stress that this topic is new to me so I do not have a very good understanding of all the important steps involved in making an inverter. Although, I am trying my best to grasp them by reading from some books and internet resources.

I shall be really thankful if some one can suggest a starting point and explain the main stages involved. Also, it would be really helpful if some one has a schematic diagram or can suggest one that can be changed to fullfill my requirements. Your help will be highly appreciated.

Looking forward to your replies. Thank you.

Regards,
Kianee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back