Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with stroboscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizum

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
discolitez schematic

Hi there,
Could someone help me with providing some shemes about controling frequency of strobo blinking( i don't know how to call it :p ) from LPT port. Can i use modified www.discolitez.com ? Mainly i need control by volume level.
BIG THX for any help.

Do you already have a strobo and want to modify it (replacing poti by electronics ...) or do you completely build it on your own ? I think this is important to know when thinking about an interface to the lpt-port.

Mik

strobo

Hi,
i've already strobo and want to replace poti(220k-1M) by some electronics. If you can make samoe suggestions or provide some schemes i would be very gratefull.
Thanks

me again:)

Hi,
i would like to give some new info about my "project". My strobo will be controlled by resistor(poti). How to make resistancy to be changed by freq of digital signal(higher freq of LPT signal will make resistancy bigger). Sory for my bad english. If you don't understand something please wright :).
See you again :p

Is there high voltage at the poti or is it somehow electrically isolated from the power line (I guess not :( ) ??? Is there a transformer or other power-supply between line and strobo ?

Stroboscope

Hi
check this scheme for more info **broken link removed**
I hope it will be usefull.

I studied your schematic and modified the circuit a little bit. At www.discolitez.com you can find a proposal how to switch a high-voltage load. They use an opto-coupler (LED & Triac) to separate high-voltage from the low-voltage part (see www.discolitez.com/circuits-8triac.shtml).
Using this coupler I changed you strobos circuit in that way that you can digitally (from the LPT-port) ignite a flash - theoretically. So it should be possible to use DiscoLitez (the winamp-driver) to control the strobo. It's also possible to extend this to 2, 4 or more strobos (up to 32 for the deluxe-version :lol: ).
But if you don't want to use DiscoLitez you can write a small program to output a square-wave at the LPT-port and control the strobo in that way.

The circuit is not tested !!! So please Elektroda-Freaks take a look at it and make some comments, suggestions, improvements !!!

There is for example one question: What will happen if the couplers LED is powered (LPTs D0=high) and C3 is beginning to charge (after an igniton).
Will TH1 switch if a certain voltage-level at C3 is reached ? This could lead to uncontrolled flashes and we somewhere have to add a capacitor to form a short pulse ?!?

Mik

According to **broken link removed** no points are needed for a look :arrow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back