Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with reading DEF into ICC2, exporting as Oasis layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

tro2212

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have a DEF file, and a tech.lef file (Cadence tech lef format) which contains track width definitions.
Step 1: I'm using icc2_lm (library manager) to read in the tech.lef, write an ndm library. But to do this, I must also read in Synopsys format lef mlikyway techfile.
Step 2: Then using icc2 to read in the ndm library, and the DEF, then write oasis.

The problem: both tech.lef and the mlikyway techfile contain track width definitions that are different from each other. So when i get to step 2 and read def, the tracks are created using widths from the mlikyway techfile, but i want the track width defintions from the tech.lef to be used instead.

How can I do that?

Step1:
icc2_lm_shell> create_workspace macro_ndm -flow normal -technology $SYNOPSYS_MILKYWAY_TECH_FILE read_lef $CADENCE_FORMAT_TECHLEF check_workspace commit_workspace -output macro_ndm -force

Step2:
icc2_shell> create_lib -use_technology_lib macro_ndm -ref_libs macro_ndm $MACRO_NAME create_block $MACRO_NAME write_oasis $MACRO_NAME.oas -keep_data_type -layer_map layerfile.map -units $PRECISION -fill exclude

and now my oasis will have track widths from the definitions in the $SYNOPSYS_MILKYWAY_TECH_FILE, but i want the track width definitions from the $CADENCE_FORMAT_TECHLEF to take precedence.

how can i do that given my code?
Or am I doing it completely wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

Recently, I ran into the same issue. Adding -preserve_lef_cell_site to read_lef worked for me.

Step1:
read_lef -preserve_lef_cell_site <lef name>

Try this and let me know if this resolves your issue.

didn't do anything :( we are talking about reading in a tech.lef file, you're saying you had the same issue which is track width definitions not be read from the tech.lef by ICC2, but this switch fixed it for you?

Recently, I ran into the same issue. Adding -preserve_lef_cell_site to read_lef worked for me.

Step1:
read_lef -preserve_lef_cell_site <lef name>

Try this and let me know if this resolves your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back