Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with problem involving voltage and current sources and resistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyderpilot747

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm studying electronics in school and I need to analyze a circuit that contains various sources using the theory of superposition to find the current through each resistor. I've solved it to what looks like it may be correct however when I checked it with a simulator I find that my answers almost correct, but are off by almost 50 mA. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong or if my simulator software is wrong? (see attached pages for my attempted solution, sorry for the messiness).

Circuit:
See attachments (apparently I'm not allowed to insert links)

This may be difficult to read, so:
R1 = 600Ω
R2 = 50Ω
R3 = 1000Ω
R4 = 200Ω
R5 = 4000Ω
R6 = 500Ω
Voltage source 1 = 9V
Voltage source 2 = 12 V
Current source = 1A (down).

Thank-you in advance for any assistance that can be offered.
-Spyderpilot747

Attachments

• Circuti.png
    Circuti.png
    406 KB · Views: 137

Your graphic is too small to read.

Your graphic is too small to read.

does your web browser let you zoom in by clicking on it?

I have determined that my solution is indeed wrong through nodal analysis. I would however still like help finding out where I went wrong here.

-Spyderpilot747

does your web browser let you zoom in by clicking on it?

Now it's big and unreadably sloppy and I've lost interest.

One of the first things taught in engineering school is correct, neat writing...at least when I was in school. I can't read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back