Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with parallel port

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyzplus

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
directio.zip

i've got an old eprom emulator which works well under DOS :) but not for win2k :cry:

any idea on how to get it working under win2k?

boyzplus

NT/Windows2000/Windows XP not allow direct hardware access for the programs that made for DOS or Windows 95/98.
So dont waste your time.

Try this drivers:
h**p://www.beyondlogic.org/porttalk/porttalk22.zip
h**p://www.ddj.com/ftp/1996/1996.05/directio.zip
h**p://mitglied.lycos.de/mgrafe/Loaddrv.htm

h**p://www.direct-io.com/

sadat007 said:
NT/Windows2000/Windows XP not allow direct hardware access for the programs that made for DOS or Windows 95/98.
So dont waste your time.

i'm afraid to tell you that it allows!! BUT when you run the program let it runs as a windows 95 or 98 even dos from properties!!! right click on your app > properties and then run as: (choose your operator)

In Win95/98, that is 16/32bits OS, you can access port direct.

but in NT/Windows2000/Windows XP, that is 32bits OS. and your program is runing at ring3, you CAN'T access the hard port directly.

you must thing about other way...

Direct port acces from 16 bit app is possible under WinNT or Win2K or WinXP, if using special Kernel Mode VDD drivers or enable access in IOPM table
* This holds 8K * 8 bits -> 64K bits of the IOPM, which maps the
* entire 64K I/O space of the x86 processor. Any 0 bits will give
* access to the corresponding port for user mode processes. Any 1
* bits will disallow I/O access to the corresponding port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back