Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with page numbering in MS Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

agent_009

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In MS Word, i want to insert page numbers in the document from 7th page. (but numbering will start from 1,2,3...). How can i do that ?

For more clarity consider example: I have a document of 20 pages. I want to insert page numbers 1,2,3... BUT the numbering should start from page 7. (First 6 pages should not have any page numbers on them).

Thanx in advance.

MS Word Help Needed

hi
use
Insert > Page number > format > Start at (any you want e.g. 7)
then
view > Header and footer
then a abr will be appear
select page number of page 7 and click "link to previous" of header and footer bar
then goto previous page and remove page number or change it
regards

agent_009

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
MS Word Help Needed

And you'll want to open the header and footer and disselect link to previos (this is needed when you have defined chapters and you want each chapter to have a seperate header - footer :p

agent_009

Re: MS Word Help Needed

I think it is easier if you certify the first 6 pages as Unit 1 and then on the beggining of page 7 you put Unit 2. Then you will just insert pages in the footer ( deselecting the " As previous" tab) from the tab "Current page". Using this, you have categorized your document in two units with the second unit indicating pages whereas first doesn't. Using Break and deleting it afterwards is like going from London to Paris via Moscow!
D.

agent_009

dkace said:
I think it is easier if you certify the first 6 pages as Unit 1 and then on the beggining of page 7 you put Unit 2. Then you will just insert pages in the footer ( deselecting the " As previous" tab) from the tab "Current page". Using this, you have categorized your document in two units with the second unit indicating pages whereas first doesn't. Using Break and deleting it afterwards is like going from London to Paris via Moscow!
D.
Hi
yes, you are right.
I corrected it.
now, I am going from London to Paris directly but moscow is beautiful. :wink:
regards

agent_009

Moscow WAS beautifull the good old days that workers rule and Mafia was in gulag. Now better go from Londo to Paris directly!
Glad that I helped, there are quite a lot that can assist you to write perfectly even in MS Word. You can "program" the application to work under your commands!!! Have you tried Math Type? Great application to insert any kind of mathematic formula! Better than equation editor of Word.

D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back