Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with Monte Carlo Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsk635

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am using Orcad Capture for simulating my design. I have an opamp based design. I need to find out how the offset voltage of the opamp varies when there is variation in the Vth of the other transistors. Basically, I need to use a distribution, say Gaussian, for the Vth variation of all transistors in the design except for one of the input transistors of diff. amp. Each run of the analysis will then do a vth variation (model parameter variation) of this input MOS and show how the output of the opamp varies as vth of other transistors vary. I hope I have made my problem clear.

I'd appreciate any tips/help in solving this. :D
Thanks!
-D.

you need to define a parameter say vth_vary, and add this vth_vary to the vth0 in the model card, say vth0="xxxxxx + vth_vary" and then specify a guassian distribution for vth_vary in monte carlo sweep.

You need to define another model name for the only transistor which you do not want to change vth. This model will not have vth_vary in its vth0 parameter.

Hope this solves your problem.

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I am facing another problem - Orcad Capture is not allowing me to use Monte Carlo analysis where each run is a DC sweep of a model parameter :cry:

Is there any way I can go around this limitaion?

Thanks,
-D

i have not tried, but this kind of tools should have the ability.

Try using HSPICE? I think they are almost the same.
Or you can change DC analysis to transient analysis.
Dive into the manual. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.