Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with IR Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circuit Maker

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,
I am new to IR circuits.
I want to make this circuit but I cound not find an NPN Phototransistor. I have an IR Module and can I use it instead of the photo transistor.
**broken link removed**

I read this forum but I didnt find the solution. https://www.edaboard.com/threads/245544/

It should work very well but the Collector-Emitter voltage is too high for the circuit.

You are far better off to buy an integrated IR receiver selected or the burst frequency (eg 38kHz ) of your chosen system compatability or interference from other remotes.

Vishay/sharp make the best and they are cheap.

You just need a good cap close to the part with 3 leads. The advantage is daylight filter (dark lens), AGC, and builtin bandpass filter. Good for 5 to 20m depending on emitter current from 50 to 150mA and single double or triple IR LEDs in series ~1.3 to 1.6 V per LED. Then compute series drop resistor from 3V, 5V etc low supply using Ohm's Law and allow at least 0.5 for a good switch, not a Darlington... <5 Ohm Mosfet preferred or low Vce sat transistor.

Eg. One of hundreds avail at Mouser. **broken link removed**

Sharp also make the best matching IR emitters, and cheap, but you may consider a programmable universal remote.

IR phototransistor/photodiode looks like a black LED. See the picture below

Show the picture in the shops or ask for black LED. You may get something similar to that. Then check it using a multimeter to make sure, that it is a phototransistor. If you get only photodiodes, then no problem, you can make it phototransistor using an extra transistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back