Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with interfacing two PICs

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuan

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Two Pic interface help

hello

Can anyone give me some introduction for interface between two pic microcontroller. I want a pic is for control purpose and other for display and communication. So I intend to use external RAM to store data of control process. Can you give me a way to connect external RAm between two PIC.I don't want to use I2C protocol because I must write I2C slave for my controller. I only want the pic for control is to control,store data and don't run any more.

I'm waiting for any reply

Thank in advance

Re: Two Pic interface help

Hi

I suggest to allow only one micro to access the rame and the other one access the rame throgh the 1st micro.
This way you avoid making an arbitter for the ram.

another solution is to use a third micro as an arrbitar for the ram and the two micros access the ram throgh this arbitar micro

third solution is to connect the two micros thogh a pulled up line and the one who need to access the ram pull this line down.

I think the third solution may have some problems

Salam
Hossam Alzomor
www.i-g.org

Status
Not open for further replies.