Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Need Help with interfacing TR24a with my nxp microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarg216

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I'm currently working on a project in which i have to enable wireless communication between two nxp mcu (part no: P89V51RD2). I intend to use the TR24A (a 2.4GHz multi-channel transceiver RF module) for this purpose. Could anybody please help me out with an algorithm or a flowchart for the programming...

i'm attaching herewith the datasheets of my mcu n the transciever...

looking forward to get some help from you guys...

Thanks in advance...

1. View attachment p89v51rd2.pdf
2. View attachment TR24A.pdf

you are going to need a better datasheet for the RF module. The datasheet you posted contains no information on how to communicate with the module via SPI.
The mcu you are using does have an SPI module built in, however the mcu runs at 5V and the RF module runs at 3V. You age going to need a Logic level conversion circuit.
Logic Level Converter - SparkFun Electronics

Last edited:
* That's all the info i received about the transciever ic from the web as well as the electronic store from where i purchased it... :roll:
Well thanks for the link for the logic level converter.. i will definitely get me one of those later... But to begin with i wish to start with the programming part.. could you get me some help with that mate..???

Without knowing the packet structure (i.e. header information, address info for each transceiver, etc...)
it is just about IMPOSSIBLE to "GUESS" what to do just to send data to the module.

For example, the NRF2401a modules (also 2.4GHz) require configuration before they will operate correctly.
You must send a series of configuration bits followed by the address of the receiver.
Code:
0x00, 0x50, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 ;configuration data
0xAA,0xBB, 0xCC, 0xDD, 0xEE ;48 bit address
0xA3, 0x4F, 0x05 ;configuration data
If this is your first project, you should use an easier module such as these ones:

Zigbee/802.15.4 - Categories - SparkFun Electronics

Thanks for your suggestions...

i'll try the one you mentioned & comment later... :D

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.