Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help with hfss inductor simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkchen

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm getting some 'did not converge' error messages. How do I solve this problem? My sweep is already set at the maximum 10,000 data points. I think I might not have setup the ports/excitations or boundaries correctly.
The inductor has 2 layers; the 3rd layer at the bottom is the ground plane. The rectangle that you see is the port. Right now I'm drawing the terminal line from the top of the ground plane to to bottom of the middle layer, is this correct? What do I set for the boundary conditions?

I've attached a file so you can see what I've said. I've kept it under 250k so I think it shouldn't take any points (not sure what this is, I'm new).
(I accidently posted this in the RF forum; I deleted it from there and reposted here.)

OK, firstly have you verified that you are getting the correct port impedance (50 ohm I assume) - this can be done by doing a ports only solution and then will tell you if the ports are setup correctly - this is the first thing to check

How do I know what my port impedance is supposed to be (I just have a model, I don't know what to do with it)? The Z0 for this model lowers from 20ohms at DC to 8ohms at 10Ghz.
If that isn't right, how do I fix it so it simulates correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back