Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help with digital switching ICs (like MUX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbas14

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone!
i m a newbie here, and need some help.
i am looking for ICs for the purpose of digital switching, but am unable to find the appropriate ICs. i am looking for an IC which could be used for the purpose of digital switching purpose, such as MUX or electrical relays. the IC must have a logic circuit with two inputs, one output and a control signal. when the control signal is 0, the first input should be obtained at the output terminal; and when the control signal is 1, the second input is obtained at the output terminals; exactly as a digital MUX. the different thing is, the control signal is low power signal (max. 3volts dc) and the inputs are high power (about 30 volts dc).
i guess, electrical isolation is needed between the input/output circuitry and the control signal. isn't it so??
the IC should have atleast four of such logic circuits in a single package; thats easy. the problem is, each of such control logic circuit should have a separate control signal for each of the control logic circuits, i.e., for each pair of high-power inputs.
in simple words, i am looking for IC having atleast four digital 2-input MUXs in a single package, each MUX having its own separate control signal that could be controlled with low power signals (max. 3 volts dc), and each MUX should be capable of handling high power (about 30 volts dc) as its input and output.

can anyone please help me with that??

There has been in the past a bipolar 24V logic for this kind of task, but its not available anymore. A four 2 to 1 Mux in TTL/THCT logic has only a common select input and 5V supply. 24-30V ICs who could handle this volatge input and output are availabe, but not as multiplexer logic function. If you use level shifter for the 24-30V inputs, 24-30V 3-state driver for the output and inverter you could use wire-or at the outputs.

Enjoy your design work!

Last edited:

There has been in the past a bipolar 24V logic for this kind of task, but its not available anymore. A four 2 to 1 Mux in TTL/THCT logic has only a common select input and 5V supply. 24-30V ICs who could handle this volatge input and output are availabe, but not as multiplexer logic function. If you use level shifter for the 24-30V inputs, 24-30V 3-state driver for the output and inverter you could use wire-or at the outputs.

Enjoy your design work!

thank you sir,
you mentioned: "A four 2 to 1 Mux in TTL/THCT logic has only a common select input and 5V supply."
can you please post here a few links for the datasheets of such group of ICs. i can try them in my project. that might really help me a lot...

- - - Updated - - -

Checkout analog switches such as the Analog Devices ADG5234. Quad, SPDT, individual controls, up to 36V, TTL levels for the control inputs. Others are around. These are not logic gates but switches.

https://www.analog.com/en/switchesmultiplexers/analog-switches/adg5234/products/product.html

Also, for example the ADG5434 which has a lower on resistance and goes to 40V. Or the MAX4533 from Maxim Integrated.

thank you sir,
that helped me a lot, but i would still like to have a go through over the group of ICs HTA is talking about...

The 2 to 1 multiplexer are the HC257/258 and 24-30V output driver are the iC-DX/iC-DX3. You max checkout also the application on interfacing microcontroller to 24V (https://ichaus.de/wp1_mcu_interface ).

Enjoy your design work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back