Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with designing a 300-400MHz antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrchow

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
300-400 antenna

Does anyone have the experience to design an antenna in the band 300 - 400MHz? It's a 100MHz BW antennna.

more specs required

what type of antenna do you want to design? For example, I designed microstrip patch antenna before.

antenna types:
Yagi antenna
printed antenna
horn antenna
spiral antenna
like that...etc.

give some info about it.

regards,
lkuzu@yahoo.com

I think the best experimental antenna is the discone antenna. It has very high bandwidth, good impedance bandwidth, but small gain.

Mmana

Hi!

Try to use Mmana programm by JE3HHT
It's very simple programm, but simulation results are very good...

I agree with laza that a suitable choice is the discone antenna. It's omnidirectional with "8" radiation pattern as lbda/2 dipole. Can cover frequencies fmin:fmax~1:4 so no problem for your band. I can send you detailed info about design.
Eirp

First I need to know if the 100MHz bandwidth is for VSWR( 2:1 or 3:1 ) or Gain -3dB from center Frequency.
Next the kind of pattern, ominidirectional or directional.
If directional, front/back ratio, gain etc.
But I can estimate something: If the array you are looking for is directional, the best choose is a Log Periodic Dipole Array.
Try to use a double boom to do the phase shift and feed the elements. I had best results with that arrange.
Hope to help
Regards

No Fear :roll:

Re: 300-400 antenna

Use LPDA with wideband and small direction .

And read this book

use EZNEC, MMANA, SuperNEC (working with Matlab) to simulate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back