Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with a 8Mhz oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

highfreqv

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I ned to buil a 8Mhz oscillator.I have a 8Mhz quartz and a 2N3415 or elese power transistor, maxim 9V battery,and i need a complete schematic with all the corect value to run on 8Mhz only.
Something like:
**broken link removed**
or
**broken link removed**

but for 8mhz, and with complete value data.

In second link it's possible to increase the output power with replace of BC109 with BC548B OR 549B? What will be the value of the resistors capacitors and other, and to corect the freqvency from 6-10 Mhz to get 8 should i use a dimmer or a adjustable capacitor?

Last edited:

The circuit frequency are dependent the values of the quartz crystal, only small adjustments to the frequency of the oscillator can be done, using a trimmer capacitor.
Typical component values for 8Mhz are in the range of 6-10Mhz, see details on the site.
C1 -150pF/C2220pF/R1=33k/R2=3k/R3=4.7k

To increase the output power need to use separate buffers.

need only to oscillate on a single freq. 8Mhz not 6-10Mhz, where to put the trimmer instead of C1 or C2, i see that for freqv. the resistor is changed in that example

In this configuration the circuit oscillates based on the quartz crystal frequency. Need to have a 8 MHz crystal .
C1 and C2 = capacitor divider network, to provide the feedback, so use for C1 and C2 previously given values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back