Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help urgent- making 2 robots comunicate with each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishnuvardhan

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need Help urgent

There will be two parts to this system: a mouse shaped part, Jerry, and a cat shaped part, Tom. Both will be mounted with sensors and motors. They will communicate with each other, and Tom will chase Jerry. Tom will not be equipped with any sensors other than the sensor to detect Jerry, so that he bumps into walls and other objects (hardware will be protected) as in the cartoon. Jerry may or may not have other sensors to prevent him from crashing into objects, but will have a sensor that detects Tom so he goes in a different direction. The two might also communicate so that Jerryís velocity is always greater than Tomís.ection. The two might also communicate so that Jerryís velocity is always greater than Tomís.

This is synopsis of my project. can anyone say how 2 make these two robots 2 communicate each other..

Re: Need Help urgent

I don't know if is the best choice, but you can use IR. You can put 4 IR transducers (Tx and Rx) in each side (of a suposed square), so they can comunicate, and detect the presence of tom in jerry. Just an idea.

By the way, i think i will like to see a video of these two robots when the proyect is finished, I really loved tom and jerry lot of years ago. And I love robots too. :D

Regards.

Need Help urgent

IR communication need line of sight between T & J. I would use radio communication such as Bluetooth (e.g. RovingNetworks RN-41) of radio packet modem (e.g. MaxStream). BTW, synopsis didn't say that the robots should communicate wirelessly, so wired communication works too.

Re: Need Help urgent

Hi friends,

Nice 2 c ur replies.Surely i will upload my project once it finished.

Communication should be wireless..

Kender can u explain more abt the ur idea..Plz

I use 2 BLUEMORE200 modules from www.eikonsite.it that is very easy to setup and works fine as wireless cable

hope this info helps you in your project

Re: Need Help urgent- making 2 robots comunicate with each o

you can use a wireless transceiver module, which has an inbuild encoder / decoder

try to get it in the internet

Re: Need Help urgent- making 2 robots comunicate with each o

please how can i go on with this robot project.i am just a starter so i would need the circuit diagram with explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back