Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help understanding quantum Mechanics

Status
Not open for further replies.

INS-ANI

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends, I am a student of VLSI and have initial topics of quantum mechanics in my course work.
I am experiencing some difficulties in understanding the same and i will post my queries here.

Some of my doubts may be silly (as i am going through these topics after 6 years), hence i request for your patience.

To start with, i am quoting a statement by de broglie
(Query 1)
On the one hand the quantum theory of light cannot be considered satisfactory since it defines the energy of a light particle (photon) by the equation E=hf containing the frequency f. Now a purely particle theory contains nothing that enables us to define a frequency; for this reason alone, therefore, we are compelled, in the case of light, to introduce the idea of a particle and that of frequency simultaneously.

On the other hand, determination of the stable motion of electrons in the atom introduces integers, and up to this point the only phenomena involving integers in physics were those of interference and of normal modes of vibration.

This fact suggested to me the idea that electrons too could not be considered simply as particles, but that frequency (wave properties) must be assigned to them also. (Louis de Broglie, Nobel Prize Speech, Quantum Physics, 1929)

I am experiencing trouble understanding the bold parts.
Please explain it.

does it mean by "introduces integers" the quantized energy levels of the electrons.
as the energy of an electron orbiting the atom is well defined in quantum levels .

Quantum Mechanics is a completely false theory, based on lies about experimental results - see the attachments. CharSpectr shows that the widely disseminated information about the photoelectric effect is a lie (Source: Encyklopedia Teleelektryka, WNT, Warszawa 1972).

Attachments

• QMechEngl.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 90
  • CharSpectr.bmp
    2 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.