Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help Understanding frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

karim1

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello to u all , i have a very basic doubt which keeps on saying that "you are incomplete in understanding completely" inside me , i will really appreciate if anyone here clears it , My doubt is how multiple frequency can be passed in a single wire or actually in reality let us assume a sine wave of 50 Hz frequency , many books refer like it has so many frequency components inside it blah blah but actually there is only one signal with only one frequency right , but it is really tough for me to imagine this sine wave into a number of frequencies , it sounds very abstract to me , Kindly help me please , sorry for my poor english (if u feel so) .i know that the concept of resolving a single frequency into multiple freq is quite significant but what made them to think like this when reality shows that there is only one(correct me if im wrong), atleast tell me how to accept it and digest it into my brain, plz help

let us assume a sine wave of 50 Hz frequency , many books refer like it has so many frequency components inside it
I don't think, you'll find this in a book. A sine wave isn't comprised of multiple frequency components, it's a pure signal.

Distorted sine waves or other waveforms can be represented as a superimposition of harmonic (frequency n*f0; n=1,2...) components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back