Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help to Import Transistor Model into ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

lijianxing

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I would like to import transistor (named 2SC4226/NE85630 from RENESAS Electronics) model into ADS to design schematic. I already downloaded the RENESAS 2SC/NE series Design Kit for ADS and added it to my ADS Workspace.

The problem is that for this transistor (NE85630) there is only a SP model in the library, but what I want is the spice model. Because I plan to simulate the DC operating point and design the bias circuit.

After reviewing threads related to this problem, I found the RfTransistorLibrary.library file in my ADS installment directory. It is said that this file is a binary file, and nonlinear models for over 767 parts from 15 manufacturers are included. But, I am not sure how to use file to design my schematics.

ADS will use these models library files automatically when you place the appropriate transistor in the schematic. You don't need to do anything more than activate the appropriate Vendor Library, in your case the NEC (now Renesas) Packaged BJTs in the RF Transistor Library.

See: Help > Topic and Index or F1 and the navigate to Components > Vendor Libraries and then any of the Vendor Component Libraries categories, specifically RF Transistor Library > Packaged BJTs for your device. All sections has a link to the "Procedure to add a Vendor Component Library" and select the RF_Transistor_vendor_kit.7z for these devices.

ADS will use these models library files automatically when you place the appropriate transistor in the schematic. You don't need to do anything more than activate the appropriate Vendor Library, in your case the NEC (now Renesas) Packaged BJTs in the RF Transistor Library.

See: Help > Topic and Index or F1 and the navigate to Components > Vendor Libraries and then any of the Vendor Component Libraries categories, specifically RF Transistor Library > Packaged BJTs for your device. All sections has a link to the "Procedure to add a Vendor Component Library" and select the RF_Transistor_vendor_kit.7z for these devices.

Thank you very much. I did what you mentioned, however, I did not see the link to "Procedure to add a Vendor Component Library", please have a look at the picture below. The ADS version is ADS2011.10.

help content.png

You have gone past it. Go back up two levels to the "Vendor Component Libraries - RF Transistor Library" section and the link is above the contents.

Reactions: lijianxing

lijianxing

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
    V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.