Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help to find MOSFET and understand datasheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

sairfan1

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm looking for a MOSFET to turn on ESP12, but here i want to learn what parameters should i be looking for while selecting such Mosfet, for example

ESP12 consumes 200mA on avg, (there are spikes of about 450mA)
its a 3.3v device

based on above i found Si2365
I will be running ESP12 on batteries, on Si2365 datasheet what section describes current consumption in idle mode. is there anything else i should be taking care while selecting mosfet to run on batteries, or low power application?

For reference i attached the datasheet

Attachments

• SI2365EDS_P-Channel_MOSFET_SOT-23.pdf
    232.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

When the source and gate of the P-channel Mosfet are at +3.3V then it is turned off and it turns off the ESP12.

Can you please refer to datasheet (i just uploaded) it will help me to understand what values i should consider while selecting mosfet.
I'm using TPS5110 timer to drive the mosfet, TPS5110 sends active low signal to turn on the ESP, that means before mosfet Si2365 i will be using an other N Channel logic level mosfet to drive Si2365 does it make sense?
In addition to that what parameters in datasheet describes idle time current consumption.

The Mosfet has a 1uA leakage current when its drain source voltage is 10V and less current at less voltage. Its drain does not connect to ground, instead it connects to the ESP12 that will probably draw a very low current when the Mosfet turns it off.

You might need the P-channel Mosfet to power the ESP before it is turned on by an N-channel Mosfet.

What is your application?
I'm asking because I have an ESP8266 module running here that takes about 10uA and 'turns itself on' every 30 seconds to send WiFi data and it runs for weeks on a 16850 cell. There is a trick to put the module into deep sleep but leave one of the timers running to wake it up. No extra hardware is needed although my project does have a voltage monitor to shut it down completely if the battery is exhausted.

Brian.

I have an ESP8266 module running here that takes about 10uA
That must be sleep time current consumption?? I referred to current consumption while sending data

I want to read temperature, humidity from sensor HDC 1080, then send to MQTT server, for that I have TPL5110 (or may be using TPL5111) power gate timer that will trigger after each set interval and turn on ESP, then ESP will send the data and send signal to TPL5110 to turn off ESP again. TPL5110 consumes 35nA, that helps longer battery life.

for TPL5110 setup I will be using Mosfet to turn on ESP that I'm looking for.

My application is very similar, it wakes up the ESP every 30 seconds, sends a temperature and battery voltage reading to an MQTT server then goes back to sleep. The whole thing is powered from a 100x63mm PV panel and the output of the PV is also wired through a TPS3106 supervisor to hold it in reset after dark or if the battery is almost empty. I do not turn the power on or off at all.

The trick to conserving power is to use link IO16 and the RST pins together then use ESP.deepSleep(microseconds before waking up) to shut it down after sending the data. When the time has elapsed it will pulse the reset pin and restart the ESP.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back