Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help to check my PCB Gerber Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

djnik1362

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone
i have my first PCB design and before i send it
to PCB manufacture i need to some expert guys check
my PCB.

I work with PADS and my PCB output is in Gerber format.

here it is :

Download - Gerbers.rar - Persiangig

this is a very simple PCB in 2 Layer.

please help me. i need to someone check
this Gerbers and inform me if there is any error on it.

Thanks.

I'm missing a specification of the involved gerber formats. The scaling seems strange, I got ten times the physical size when reading the data to GCPrevue. Also the gerber files have arbitrary offsets, I would prefer the lower left corner aligned to zero. Drill data have been generated without an embedded tool table and have an offset different from gerber data.
I guess, Pads should be able to do better.

Apart from this points, the data look reasonable. If the PCB manufacturer is able to guess the right design size, align the drill data and add a tool table, it can work. But you can increase the chance to get it right by adding the said information and aligning gerber and drill data to the same offset.

Hi djnik,

i have seen your Gerber file ...

please make sure following

board outline dimension (unit is must ) should be mention

thanks . very useful information.
Why PCB manufacturer must guess PCB size ?
PCB size must be in Gerber files . Isn't it ?

How i can match drill size with PCB layers ?
In PADS there is no option or i can't see it.
please help me if there is anyone that works with PADS.

---------- Post added at 09:12 ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 ----------

Hi djnik,

i have seen your Gerber file ...

please make sure following

board outline dimension (unit is must ) should be mention

Size must mention when ordering PCB or i must set it on Gerber files ?

PCB size must be in Gerber files . Isn't it ?
No because different gerber formats are in use. You should specify both, the PCB size and the gerber format according to your setup. Many PCB systems are creating project reports containing this information, I don't know with Pads. But you can always write the information to a text file.

The problem with your drill data is, that it doesn't contain tool information, it can be only found in a report file. Most PCB systems allow to embed the tool information in the drill file.

When creating Gerbers always use 1 more decimal point than your smallest design grid at least, thus if you layout in thou use at least 3.4 format at least. (inegers/decimals)

that is a easy job, just contact me , I will teach you how to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back