Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help : Stopwatch Using 8052

Status
Not open for further replies.

3bood

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all :) am new here ,,
i need a Project to do it at home but this stopwatch will work by 8052 mcu
and it has three inputs ,, reset ,set,start ,,
thx gys 4 hlp :)

I see...
I'm also new here...

You will use 3 switches, why didn't use only 1 switch?
Isn't it stopwatch right?
So, I think 1 switch is enough for start/stop toggle mode.
or maybe two switches, the other one used for hold the timer...

For the 8052, use its timer maybe the easiest way. For using it with nearly exact to real timer, use crystal with 10.xxxx MHz value.
for the output, LCD M1632 can be used, or if you want to, u can used scanning display for 6 seven segment displays.

you need a timer, for the exact time, you need 12 MHZ of crystal if using 8052. to see the watch, you'll need seven segment or LCD.

Agreed with xave1200, but maybe you need two switches, one for start stop, one for reset the point..

Maybe you can use the interrupt timer for the simplest way

i suggest you to using 12Mhz crystal for easy and make the timer run using interrupt for the exactly, or you can use RTC IC from maxim semiconductor. so you just read the data from the RTC

Status
Not open for further replies.