Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help related to project

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelakasherniche

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am thinking of designing a Microstrip antenna. I am thinking of making a directive microstrip antenna. Obviously the work that I am thinking of doing should not be done by any one else. It should be unique at least at one area. But due to the lack of knowledge about how to start a project or approch for it I am unable to proceed. Some of the steps that I have taken:

1. I have decided to do it in CST Studio

2. I went through a tutorial that how to design a microstrip antenna

Another thing is that while following the tutorial I made one antenna. I have got the vswr and s11 graph which i am uploading. I know that for a good antenna the s11 should be below -10db in my graph 8.2-9.2 ghz is below -10db and the vswr should lie between 1-2, in my graph that portion is 8.4-9.5ghz approx. I will upload the pictures. s11.JPGs11.JPGs11 zoom.JPGvswr.JPGvswr zoom.JPGvswr zoom.JPG

Please give your opinion on these graphs.

So, in conclusion to design a directive microstrip antenna what are the things i need to know and to go through. Any suggestion is appriciated. I dont know what else to ask. I am very confused :???:

Another thing i could not find the way ti find out the radiation pattern of the antenna, please mention the way to find the radiation pattern

Last edited:

Please read the getting started manual available with CST. You can find the steps to obtain radiation pattern in the documentation. Before you start the simulation you must right click on field monitors and then create new field monitors and select farfield monitors. If you read Antenna Theory by Balanis, you should know what parameters to look in the design a directive microstrip antenna. :)

side by side with balanis do i have to read any journal papers? If yes then pls suggest what to look for in these papers and what to write to search my related topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back