Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help regarding "Static CMOS Design"

Status
Not open for further replies.

pannaguma

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,
i need to give a 10 min lecture on the above mentioned topic as part of an assignment. I have referred to a couple of books and also wikipedia and have collected some theory about it.
But what is confusing is what exactly is meant by the word "design"???
From what i could find i understood what CMOS is, and what Static is, but what about design???? Does it mean i need to explain some circuit implementing a Static CMOS design???

Plz help guys, its urgent

I think Design is the process of arriving at your circuit based on the requirements. The requirements cuold be anything like the logic operation to be performed, speed etc for digital circuits and Gain, Bandwidth etc for analog circuits.
A simple example to demonstrate Static CMOS would be to show how you arrive at a given CMOS circuit to implement a digital logic function.

pannaguma

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
All the interactive circuits on **broken link removed** are designed using static CMOS. Just pick one of them, such as a basic gate, and explain how to design it. That site also has many designing articles.

Good luck.

pannaguma

For 'design,' its best you focus on design methodology and CAD tools. Throw in a very simple design that uses the methodology and CAD tools.

pannaguma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back