Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help regarding PIC18f4620 Timers

Status
Not open for further replies.

myths

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi.. i have worked on 8051 and ARM7 controllers but right now am working on a PIC18f4620 based project and for that i need to use timers. Acutally am struck up in timers. i started with timer0 and am not able to use this timer without interrupt. so can any body give me the idea of using this timers.
thnx in advance

You really need to use interrupts in using timers! Otherwise your code will be stuck up in inquiring the status of your timer.

okay..thnx...n one more thing is that i am not getting how the values of TMR0L nd TMR0H registers..and when am using it in 16-bit mode..its not modifying the value of TMR0H register..actually it is writing in this register but after the overflow in TMR0L register it is not incrementing higher byte of timer register..can u tell any suggestions regarding this. and it will be great if u can give me any links of pdf especially for this comtroller series....
thnx a lott 4 reply..

Status
Not open for further replies.