Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help regarding AVR PWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoeb.eee

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm new in AVR. But know some basic assembly language programming. I can program a square wave and simulate it. It is possible by using delay and output to the desired PORT. Increasing/decreasing time delay variable frequency will be obtained.

But I'm failed to program with PWM to do the same thing. I searched into the web and found some example of AVR PWM in asm code but the code also contains the delay function. If I use delay function, what is the actual task of PWM.

I need to know what thing the PWM actually do and why does time delay is used? I got the following link which contains an example of PWM.

**broken link removed**

Please help me

look at this, a nice tutorial

**broken link removed**

Nandhu

Thanks a lot everybody.

Please suggest me some simulator software (except AVR Studio)

Dear it is not the efficient way for generating a PWM on the port using delay functions.

Use any AVR ATMEGA32 or any ATtiny MCU and using Timers in Fast PWM mode you can easily generate the PWM on that particular pin.

By just changing the value of one register OCR, you can vary the PWM easily.

Thanks.

Regards
Naveed Khowaja

Please suggest me some simulator software

This is from avrfreaks

New VMLAB rel 3.15 available
Posted by amtools on Thursday, October 15, 2009

VMLAB rel 3.15 adds an important feature: a User Programming Interface that allows coding new AVR models and its peripherals, even if not currenty supported with internal models.

This software is fully freeware.

Download it from **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.