Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] need help on the dsPIC33FJ64GP802

Status
Not open for further replies.

rank44

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a dsPIC33FJ64GP802 and the PICKIT2 Programmer I made Adapter for the PICKIT2
1) pin 1 MCLR
2) pin 4 PGED
3) pin 5 PGEC
4) pin 8 VSS
5) pin 13 VDD
this is the Adapter to the PICKIT2 I hope this right it my first time do I need to connect to pin28 AVCC and pin 27 AVSS I have program the dsPIC33FJ64GP802 was OK but the next time I try to test it Failed to read and Erase
What I need to no is Why the the programmer with the software say Failed on all the test on the dsPIC33FJ64GP802 when the Voltage was 3.3v and it program the Chip OK and now it Failed this was for the Wib Server from Silicon Chip project and when the voltage is ok in the project and it will not work.

Those look OK but you must connect all the VSS pins together and all the VDD pins together. The device also has an on-board regulator so you should connect a capacitor between Vcap and VSS as mentioned in the data sheet.

Keep the adapter wires as short as possible and if you are programming in-circuit, make sure nothing is loading the -MCLR, PGEC and PGED pins.

Brian.

Connect AVDD to VDD. Connect AVSS to VSS. Connect both VSS together. And remember to connect a capacitor (4.7uF to 10uF) between VCAP/VCORE to VSS (pin 19 and 20) (VERY IMPORTANT! When I didn't connect it, my PICKIT2 didn't even detect the dsPIC).

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Also, if you run high frequency (or otherwise cause high current draw by MCU) you may try seperate power supply instead of powering dspic from pickit. I had such situation (although with dspic30, which has MUCH higher current draw) where after programming voltage was falling so much, that it caused BOR and pickit couldn't detect mcu (which was wierd to me, because code worked fine despite pickit caliming that mcu is not present and that verify failed)

I don't think that this kind of a problem will arise when using dsPCI33. I have programmed the dsPIC33 to be running at 80MHz (internal RC with PLL as well as external crystal with PLL) from PICKIT2. I didn't face any problem. Maybe it's because the dsPIC30 runs off 5V and consumes more current.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

One thing is sure: if your pickit recognizes the target correctly, the ICSP connections are made right.

Status
Not open for further replies.