Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help On the ATmega32

Status
Not open for further replies.

rank900

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
atmega32 external crystal at the fuses section

Can some one help on ATmega microController I am going to burn.What doe's this mean to Disable the JTAG interface it my first time I only progam PIC.

Programming The ATmega32

Burn the ATmega32 with AVR_oscilloscope.hex and select external crystal at the fuses section.

After that, you Must disable the JTAG interface from your ATmega32 microController. If you don't do that, the mega32 will show you the initial screen and when it go to the oscilloscope screen it will restart immediately to the initial screen and it will stay there for ever.

Thank you

external crystal to atmega32

What programmer are you using ? Ponyprog or Atmel ISP MKII ?
The device have some fuses that enables/disables Jtag. If you use the pin dedicated to Jtag, you should disable it programming fuses (that is setting it to 0 because the default state is unprogrammed). Some situation is for clock selection. See the device datasheet in order to see how configure fuses. Remember that when the device is blank all fuses are unprogrammed (set to 1), so if you should set as example 101, you should program only one fuse (the only one that should be at '0').
best regards

disabling jtag on the atmega32

Thank you The Programmer is the Atmel

hello rank900...

have you made it? I have the same problem with you....
If yes would you mind to share me how to disable the JTAG interface....
I'm using avrisp mkII too...

Thanks A lot.

Added after 1 hours 2 minutes:

Guys....

I have found it.....thanks a lot....

Yep, you disable the JTag by setting the fuses. Any comm software for the mkii can do this.

JTag is enabled by default on most atmega chips, need to disable it to use those I/O pins for something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.