Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help on Or-cad Schematic "OFF-PAGE CONNECTOR" issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjshah

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am using OrCAD Capture program to draw a schematic. My schematic contains multiple pages so I have a situation where I need to connect output of the one chip to the input of the other chip "on different" page. I tried to use "OFF PAGE CONNECTOR" with the same Net_Name on both ends BUT looks like it did not work.

Could any one tell me how to verify that it is really connected on different pages?

Please help on this issue.

Thank you in advance!!!

If any one knows "Video-Tutorial" for this please provide me link.

Thanks again,
pj

Re: Need help on Or-cad Schematic "OFF-PAGE CONNECTOR" issue

off page connectors are the only way,, they should work.. make sure both of your pages are in one dsn project and also make sere that you have given same name to both off page connector..

run drc to check weather they are connected or not. if not drc will show error about the connector pair..

- - - Updated - - -

off page connectors are the only way,, they should work.. make sure both of your pages are in one dsn project and also make sere that you have given same name to both off page connector..

run drc to check weather they are connected or not. if not drc will show error about the connector pair..

If it is not connected properly then it will show mark on the connection point.. and also run drc for single pin nets..

Actually, "make sure both of your pages are in one dsn project" is a little misleading. A DSN project can have multiple schematics. Schematics can have multiple pages. The off page connectors do NOT cross between schematics in a design, they DO cross between pages in a schematic.

Actually, "make sure both of your pages are in one dsn project" is a little misleading. A DSN project can have multiple schematics. Schematics can have multiple pages. The off page connectors do NOT cross between schematics in a design, they DO cross between pages in a schematic.

ok, sorry, i agree with that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back