Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help on Old software wordstar

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmad

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I need help from you all. I got one old word star file version 5.0. The original file *.ws is missing. what i have now is only file with extension <filename>.bak and <filename> without any extension.

Any one can help my problem ??

Thanks

Sorry, i haven't finish yet. the problem is i cannot read the file using microsoft office 98. What should i do ?

thanks

Edit your last post instead of just adding new one within short time!!
Might be considered as spamming if abused heavily..
/davorin

U jyst rename ur file to *.bak to *.ws
then try to topen this in windows
this may help

Mukul,

I have try your idea but not working. you have any other idea ?

thanks

Hello,

Try to set to 0 (zero) the most significant bit on every byte of the file and open the modified file in any text editor. Of course this removes all WS formating but maybe you could recover the info.
I think that some editors like UltraEdit could modify such files as to make it legibles at least.....

You need to install a Micr0s0ft 0ffice converter pack to allow importing older word processing formats to your version of office.

You can find the details at:

**broken link removed**

and you can download a converter at:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back